Grant Application Procedure
The Tam High Foundation is interested in funding projects that align with our mission:
“To foster academic excellence and innovation in education for every student at Tam High by funding relevant and original ideas brought forth by the school community.”
The Foundation also seeks to support projects that have as broad an impact as possible. All projects should enhance the learning environment, supporting staff and students in ways the District’s regular budget does not allow.
Dates and Deadlines
The Foundation awards grants in two cycles. Mini-grants, for projects costing less than $10,000, are awarded in the fall. Major grants, for projects costing more than $10,000, are awarded in the spring. Staff will receive an email soliciting grant applications approximately 30 days before applications are due for each cycle. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Grants Committee will specify the information applicants must provide for each cycle. This information will include, but may not be limited to:
- Name(s), department (including the project leader if there are more than one applicant, or if applying as a group), role, and contact information.
- Project name and summary, including a brief description of the project, its goals and objectives, and the grade levels and number of students who will benefit.
- A description of how the project will impact student learning and enhance students’ opportunities to meet learning objectives.
- A description of the implementation plan, including projected dates.
- The amount of funding requested, including a detailed budget including shipping and taxes, if applicable. Applicants requesting IT-related funding will be encouraged to review the District list of IT equipment that is supported/recommended for the relevant school year and select items from this list and utilize the pricing indicated. Devices that the District has identified as being unable to support will not be funded.
- The date the applicant expects to request funding from the Budget Secretary.
- The approval of the department head (signature).
Staff whose grants receive full or partial funding will be asked to participate in an evaluation process.
To request more information about the grant application project, please email the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the application, click here 2016 Mini Grant Application Form